My breakfast “cookies” may seem like an unhealthy treat in title, but they’re actually a nutritious dose of complex carbs in a convenient little package. For those who dislike smoothies and shakes, these breakfast cookies are the simple solution for those crazy, get-out-of-the-house-quick mornings!
Week 2 of my Love Yourself Towards Healthy Fitcamp re-introduces oats and quinoa because they are two of the best complex carbs you can consume. Complex carbohydrates—like oats, sweet potato, squash, pumpkin and quinoa—help with digestion, metabolic efficiency (aka fat burn), regularity, brain function, sustainable energy, and help keep you feeling full.
I love these breakfast cookies because they’re so easy to make and are very portable. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and sugar-free.
Week 2 Breakfast Cookies
Preheat oven to 350
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sweet potato, mashed
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Season with sea salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Scoop ~2 heaping Tablespoons worth of batter per cookie and place on cookie sheet. Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 mins.