Quinoa is a fantastic canvas for almost everything in your spice cabinet and produce haul. I have a lot of fun throwing in a variety of ingredients on
a whim and tonight was no different.
I’ve had this can of Trader Joe’s organic pumpkin taking up precious cabinet space for months and I finally was inspired to use it. Definitely a unique taste I gladly welcomed! I also added turmeric since I haven’t been feeling 100% this week so thought its anti-inflammatory properties would help. And finally, I topped it with lemon zest since that’s somehow become my secret weapon ingredient this past week! I served this as a side to grilled chicken and baby spinach, but am probably more excited about how delicious it will be cold for lunch tomorrow!
Prep Time: 25 minutes |Total Time: 30 minutes |Servings: 4-6
- 1 package, red quinoa
- 6-8 oz can, organic pumpkin
- 1-2 bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T turmeric
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil
- 1 T lemon zest
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Coat large skillet with about 1T of coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and garlic.
- Once peppers are soft, add pumpkin, turmeric, salt, pepper, and fully cooked quinoa.
- Mix well. Top with lemon zest.
Tip: If saving leftovers, add 2 T apple cider vinegar before stashing it in the fridge. Helps bring out the flavors when eating it cold!