Mondays and Tuesdays are low carb days for those of us on the FASTer Way to Fat Loss, and I find that those are the days that I need meal planning more than any other. And, being that it falls at the beginning of the week, I’m in even more need for a grab-and-go option as I’m herding kids out the door.
Enter Egg & Veggie Cups!
I can’t really take much credit for this recipe as it’s one of those staples that people have been making for decades (and is there really an original?) but I did want to share this go-to recipe as an opportunity for a few reminders:
- Meal planning doesn’t need to be complicated.
- There is such a thing as healthy “fast food” that’s homemade.
- You can break your fast with eggs even if you work in an office with only a microwave!
Egg & Veggie Cups
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 12 cup muffin tin sprayed or rubbed with oil (I used coconut)
- Soup ladle -or- bowl with spout
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup-ish milk
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup-ish shredded cheddar
- Finely chopped veggies (Ideas: broccoli, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, basil, etc.)
- Optional: bacon, sausage, and/or seasonings like oregano, Everything But the Bagel, parsley, etc.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings
- Ladle mixture evenly into cups until they’re 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle veggies, cheese, and any other toppings into the cups evenly
- Bake at 375 for 22 minutes
- Let cool.
Serving: 2 cups. Nutrition: 2g carbs/12.1 g fat/14g protein according to MyFitnessPal